Baby acne is a common skin problem of many newborn babies. Usually, it is a temporary condition of acne that disappears itself after a short period of time. This is similar to teenage acne. It can be developed on the cheeks, chin, and forehead and anywhere from birth to 3 months of age
The white and red bumps that occur on the baby face within a few weeks of birth are called Mila. Mila develops due to the dead skin cells. Research shows that there is no need of any treatment in order to deal with the baby acne. It is totally a natural condition and it clears up very soon. Just gently wash it daily with mild soap and warm water. It will disappear within few weeks itself. If it does not clear up within 3 months and develop to more severe condition, than consult with the baby doctor. This article discusses how to get rid of baby acne.
What to do first to treat baby acne
In order to get rid of your baby acne, you should have to keep the skin healthy as possible. Here are some key points to treat acne.
- Use mild baby soap and warm water to wash your baby face once a day.
- Don’t try to scrub the baby skin with the towel because it can further irritate the skin.
- It is important to understand that don’t try different types of oily lotions to get rid of it. Use of oily lotions and creams may aggravate the baby skin. It can make the acne worse. However, you can use some non-oily creams that are very effective in acne condition.
- Monitor your bay skin condition regularly and don’t try to squeeze the baby acne. It will irritate the skin and makes the acne condition severe.
- Avoid from over – the counter medication to treat the baby acne.
- Have patience because the baby acne is completely harmless and it disappeared own in a short period of time.
How to get rid of baby acne Home Remedies:
If your baby has acne and you are looking for its treatments then, first of all, avoid medication and use some home remedies to get rid of baby acne. These are very safe treatments and help a lot in the condition of acne.
Coconut oil is a very common home remedy to treat baby acne. Many mothers trust coconut oil to get rid of acne. This oil is very useful and has long-lasting benefits on the skin.
This oil has the property to absorb easily into the skin. Coconut oil has a natural antimicrobial property that is why it provides help in healing. If you are a mother and you are worried about your baby acne than hopefully use this oil to clear up acne.
Its method of use is very simple.
- First of all, you need to buy quality coconut oil from the market.
- Clean the affected area of skin with the soap and warm water and Let it dry completely.
- Now apply the thin layer of coconut oil on the affected area.
- Use this oil twice a daily until the acne disappears.
- You can also use this oil to prevent baby acne.
Brest milk for baby acne:
Brest milk has so many health benefits. Research shows that breast milk builds the immune system. It has the anti-bacterial properties and has the fighting ability against acne. Breast milk has Omega 3 fatty acid and glyconutrients. These two contents are very useful for skin and play the vital role to get of acne.
Method of use
- Wash the affected area of the skin with the help of water and mild soap and let it dry
- Take some breast milk on the cotton and apply it onto the affected area.
- repeat this method several time a day
- You can use this method until the acne disappears.
Cornstarch is a very effective treatment to get rid of baby acne. It has skin drying properties and it provides help to stops the production of sebum oil. It is the best home remedy to clear up the baby acne.
- Take a small amount of cornstarch and mix some water (at a room temperature) into it. Mix them well and prepare a paste.
- Clean and dry the skin and apply this paste on the affected area.
- Leave the paste on the skin for 45 minutes and avoid scrubbing. After this, use warm water to wash the paste and leave the skin to dry.
- You can use this paste on the affected area once a daily in order to get rid of baby acne.
Honey and lemon juice:
This method is very useful to get rid of baby acne. Honey and lemon juice have anti-inflammatory properties, therefore, this method works very effectively to clear up baby acne.
- Take one tablespoon of honey and lemon juice. Now mix them accurately.
- Wash and clean the affected area of skin.
- Take a cotton swab, dip it into the solution and apply it on the affected area.
- Leave the solution for 30 minutes on the skin. After that wash it cleanly with the help of mild soap and warm water and dry the skin.
- Regular use of this method gives you the fast result.
Vinegar treatments for acne:
Vinegar is the very useful home remedy. It has anti-inflammatory properties and has the ability to dry the skin by absorbing the excess oil from the affected area.
Babies have sensitive skin so check this treatment first to make sure that it doesn’t create any reaction.
Never use the diluted vinegar on the baby face.
Its method of use is very simple.
- Take 10 parts of both vinegar and water then mix them accurately.
- Take a clean piece of cotton, dip it into the solution and apply it smoothly on the affected area of the skin.
- Leave this solution for I minutes on the skin. After that wash it with the soap and warm water.
Effective remedies on how to get rid of baby acne are mentioned above. As you all know that baby skin is sensitive so don’t ever use harsh chemicals on your baby face.